cannot install, its crashes

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Hey,

I'm trying to install the server on a windows 7 pro X86.

But the installer crashes. What can I do ?

Unhandled exeption and then "stopped working"

Crashlog :

-------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>C:\install\openrm_v0.1alpha\Server\OpenRm.Server.Host.exe
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenRm.Common.Entities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\' is denied.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)   at OpenRm.Server.Host.TypeResolving.AssemblyResolveHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args) in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\TypeResolving.cs:line 52   at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Server.Run()   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Program.Main() in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\Program.cs:line 13

-------------

ps : I guess its something with permissions and with D:\codeplexTFS\re...

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

In the above it says = c:\windows\CSC\ is denied. So I took permisions

But now I get :

-------------------------

C:\Windows\system32>C:\install\openrm_v0.1alpha\Server\OpenRm.Server.Host.exe
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenRm.Common.Entities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Could not find the specified DllImport Dll. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Not found the 'OpenRm.Common.Entities' file in the following root directory: 'C:\Windows'   at OpenRm.Server.Host.TypeResolving.AssemblyResolveHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args) in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\TypeResolving.cs:line 64   at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Server.Run()   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Program.Main() in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\Program.cs:line 13

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hi itnmore,

Thanks for your interest in this project!

I'm able to reproduce the described behavior. It will be fixed in next version.

To temporary overcome this error, please run the executable from its directory (instead of C:\Windows\system32).

Next time please open new issue in the "Issue Tracker" page.

Thanks,

Alex.

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hey,

I've tried wat you suggested but :

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'OpenRm.Common.Entities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\install\openrm_v0.1alpha\Common\OpenRm.Common.Entities.dll' or oneof its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this loadis not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm,Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)   at OpenRm.Server.Host.TypeResolving.AssemblyResolveHandler(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args) in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\TypeResolving.cs:line 77   at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Server.Run()   at OpenRm.Server.Host.Program.Main() in D:\CodePlexTFS\remotemonproject\Src\OpenRm\OpenRm.Server\OpenRm.Server.Host\OpenRm.Server.Host\Program.cs:line 13

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Hi,

This looks like another error. Will be checked as well.

The cause of this problem is probably because you running the application from the network share location.

Please try to copy the application folder to a local location, and execute from there.

Thanks,

Alex.

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

No, it runs from : C:\install\openrm_v0.1alpha\Server\OpenRm.Server.Host.exe

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Also, I tried to install this on my XP SP3 but it also failes.

I was sure to download the .NET 4 framework.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I've just tested the issue on Windows 7 x86 machine.

The error caused by Windows Attachment Manager, which was introduced in Windows XP SP2. Since you downloaded the zip file that contained the executables, Windows mark them with 'blocked' flag.

The temporary solution will be to unblock the zip file right after the downloading, as described here.

The issue will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks,

Alex.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

This is not the case in my situation.  The files are not blocked at my W7 or XP.

I guess is has to be something else :(

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Added new release (0.1.1) that should fix the issue. It contains installer for convenient deployment.